I can’t believe University is almost over.
I want a do over.
I’m currently sat at my desk chair-where I have been long enough for us to merge-contemplating how quickly the days are passing.
So instead of tackling the work load I now call life, I am writing a blog complaining about all the work I have to do, good plan!
So with my dissertation behind me, sweet relief, and 12 days until I am finished for good, I am trying to run from the light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve been in education for most of my life, now that it is at the inevitable end I’m not really sure what to do…
At the moment I would rather take my GCSE maths exam ten times over than take a step into the real world. Well maybe I wouldn’t go that far.
Everyone keeps asking what I want to do and I really have no idea. At the minute I’m torn between immigrating to Borneo and volunteering at a wildlife sanctuary for Orangutans, or running away with the circus. I feel like I had more idea of what I wanted to be at seven years old. Do you think becoming a member of SClub 7 is still a possibility?
I am currently writing this whilst listening to Schoolin’ Life by Beyonce, it’s giving me hope that I can do something even if I fail my degree.
Who needs a degree when you’re schoolin’ life! *hair flip, hair flip, pop hip, giving sass*
Of course you can sing about not needing an academic career, you are Beyonce!
I NEED A DEGREE FOR I CURRENTLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SCHOOL LIFE!
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! STREET SMARTS? YES BEYONCE I KNOW NOT TO SPEAK TO STRANGERS UNLESS THEY BUY ME A DRINK FIRST.
Thus endeth shouty capitals.
I keep telling myself I need to make the most out of this final year. However it is hard when I spend most of my time inside, starting at my laptop screen, hoping the words will magically leap out of my brain on to the page. All I seem to do is make ridiculously long to do lists that I know will never finish.
I now call my bucket list my abyss list.
Things I need to remember…
- Discovering the identity of ‘A’ in Pretty Little Liars isn’t the most important priority on my list, and that a revision break is not watching four episode back to back.
- Looking for a job is kind of important, who cares about rejection!
- I have come to accept that I will not see most of my deposit on our house, blue tac is a bitch.
- Do not google people falling over at graduation before bed! I keep having nightmares. The recurring ones include: turning up in nothing but my cap, over sleeping and missing it entirely, and my ankles giving way so I stack it and fall off the stage.
- One day I will be able to read for fun again.
- The stuff I have accumulated over the three years will have to find somewhere to go when I move back home.
And finally to remind myself that each day is “the last time” so I need to savour it.